Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wow patch 4.1 - Heirloom items, Battlenet and Arcane Mage changes O my!


I took a look at Wow Insiders notes for patch 4.1 that is on the PTR and there are a number of changes that interest me.

#1 on the list is most definitely the changes to Heirloom Items.:

Heirloom items are now properly "account bound" - tied to your Battlenet account, so that you can send them to any character that you have. Yey! I have been waiting for this change for years! I don't want to move any characters about but I have been wanting to play with friends on other servers and have wanted the new characters to have access to the heirlooms. This bodes well for my return *plots*

It looks like Zul'Gurub will be making a return, along with some snazzy new mounts :) mayhaps if I find time to do some raiding, I will return - I quite liked the experience I had with the original version.

Lastly: one that I like that is tempting me to make an up to date Arcane Mage Guide is the changes to Arcane that are going through.

  • Arcane Blast:
    • Damage increased by 13% and cast time reduced to 2s from 2.35
  • Arcane explosion damage increased by 30% 13%. (Umm... what?)
  • A Frost tree change: Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to ice-lance is up from 15% to 25%
If you have not seen the patch changes, checkout this >Link< to wow insiders breakdown and enjoy! :)

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment