Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wow mobile apps? Mobile guild chat.


Wow Insider just released this article about the Mobile Guild Chat app for mobile phones...

I gotta say, it looks awesome! I wish they had it years ago - it would make guild management so much easier. I remember a time when helping run a guild that I was logged in for about 6 hours per evening - this was after a full time job and having to look after kids - to keep an eye on and help run the guild. The guild was fun and pretty successful when it came to raiding, but the amount of time needed to do all this was overwhelming, and burned me out big-time. Ive never been able to properly get back into the game since.

Being able to have guild chat open on my phone, and peek in from time to time, and answer questions should they arise whilst I do something else that doesn't involve sitting at the PC would have been great!

I was never a big fan of the Wow Armoury mobile app - which you need to pay for, it just seemed to overdo it. How freely do you need access to your armoury page anyway? The funny thing is, external guild chat I WOULD probably pay for.

As I understand it - you subscribe for "remote access" now rather than for the remote armoury - so I wonder what else blizzard has up their sleeve. I remember back in the early days of Star Wars: Galaxies - I regularly visited a website (it may have been the in game forums but I honestly cannot remember.) where I would post up the materials that I had prospected/mined up and then meet a "buyer" in game and sell them the mats. It was awesome. Blizz kind of already have this with the auction house which is much easier to use than the Bazaar was, but still!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment