Thursday, January 8, 2009

Who am I?

I guess this is where I put in a customary introduction post before I get into the nitty gritty content! Apologies for the wall of text that’s incoming, ill try to keep it simple!


First off, the blog name doesn’t apply to me, it’s just a random statement I thought of and decided it might be an interesting name. I tend to make many random statements. Thank Vonya/Ego for me going with something so random. (latest Twisted Nether Blogcast show explains all.)
For about 5 months at the end of 2008 I kept a blog, but I was not really happy with its content or consistency, so I abandoned it and decided to start over to give better content to the bogging community out there, its readers, and most importantly - myself. (Hey, if I aint having fun, what’s the point eh?)
I doubt anyone will ever actually read this, so pardon me if I seem to be talking to myself a lot, I probably am! ;)
I am 26; I am married (To my GM! But panic not, its not one of those relationships where I think I can get away with murder in the guild, I try to be responsible and do the best for the guild and my comrades at all times.) I have a son, who is coming up for 1 year old. And a 3-legged white Alsatian husky cross, who always wants fed or walked.
The guild is a pretty efficient social raiding guild. We have a strong core of raiders, and a nice big pool of friendly, skilled players who we try to get in as often as possible on runs. The current player count is 104, pretty bulky for a raiding guild, but not everyone raids – and some are alts of friends in other guilds. More about us in a future post.
I guess I should let you know what I play, so that you can see what you may expect me to blog about ;)
My characters:
  • 76 Rogue – Bibsy (Mutilate spec)
  • 72 Priest – Asterra (Full Discipline)
  • 70 Death Knight – Aretheus (Blood, previously unholy, but Im experimenting.)
  • 57 Hunter – Telvanya (BM spec, not played since launch of expansion, but one day Ill get back to leveling her up.
I will make separate posts about my thoughts on the classes, and my experimentations for optimization. I’m a bit of an efficiency junky, and like to squeeze the nuts of every character (or pet, in my hunters case since the toon is female!) to get the best damage I can out of them.
As for blog content, I expect to be bogging about the classes I play, my raiding experiences, random things that are WOW related, and occasionally give my input to WOW news, or other bloggers posts. I’m considering having a friend or two be guest posters, for extra content and some variety, we shall see how it goes.
I have an extensive RSS feed (would be bigger but some bloggers really need to activate their RSS feeds so I don’t have to visit their site – I’m too lazy, with too much to read! :p) of I would hazard, about 30 WOW blogs. I shall link a selection in the side bar for those that somehow don’t know them yet have stumbled across this. (Hey, it happens :p )
And there you go folks, that is me. This is how I play, and I hope ~I continue to entertain myself – and I guess, anyone else that might visit. ;) Yeah… Ill try :p Shall add the finishing touches to my blog over the coming days, i have a log of posts to put up aswell, but now I have some heroics to nuke through.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment