Thursday, February 12, 2009

3.09 testings.




Went into game last night and tested my shot rotation with the changes.

Overall there was only a small drop in my damage between from my Arcane blasts stacks effect on my arcane missiles. Arcane barrage got a severe kick in the teeth though.

On a target dummy not burning cooldowns I went from about 2400-2800DPS to 1800-2200DPS.

I ended OS 25 with 2700 DPS, normally I would be getting closer to 3300.

Suffice to say in the end I decided to re-try Frostfire (2000-2400 on the dummies without cooldowns)

It seems pretty inconsistent at the moment, ill see how Naxx goes if Im in this week. I had 3.3k after the arachnid quarter as arcane pre-patch. Shall see how Frostfire goes with my new gear. I am tempted to return to arcane, but I have already respecced and re-glyphed twice to try to get a decent rotation, spending some 200G and intend to give it a chance.

I ticketed Blizz about – at the very least they should have offered a free respec with the changes… A little QQ… But come on – the changes screwed over the spec I was using, or at least I think it did… this in turn forced me to spend hours checking and chopping and changing glyphs and talents, I just wanna scream.

Just gotta wait for the opinions from others to flood into the blogs I follow, maybe someone will come up with a work around that doesn’t involve the arcane blast AND arcane missiles glyphs (I like my healy evocation and my super mage armour L)

I wonder if they plan to do anything with the other mage specs. Mages to tend to pull rather low DPS for their gear levels compared to most other classes. (e.g DKs in same gear levels doing double the damage :p but that’s to be expected, it’s a hero class after all.)

-V

P.S – The Ice Stone has melted!

No comments:

Post a Comment