Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Huntering

So, my hunter hit 64 last night, and I have to say, I have been having a wail of a time with her. I have a number of alts on the go at the minute and don’t get to focus on anyone often, but I have been experimenting with my hunter.

I have 4 pets.


  • Primary DPS pet: Cat (King Bangalash skin.) – Level 61
  • Tanking/Grinding pet: Ape (Ucha Skin? (light brown, Un’goro crater cave monkey) – Level 61
  • Retired Pet: Moth (pale one from Dranei start area.) – Level 58
  • New toy: Devilsaur (White + pinkypurple striped one from Un ’goro crater) – Level 62

First thing you might note is that nothing is my level… This is due to me loving the Gorilladin AOE grind, up until about… 61. I then leveled my Cat up, had a little play around with the moth, then set out for an exotic to try out.

MY first stop was MC with a guild + pug group, but due to the seeming incompetence of a lot of the group, and their inability to follow instructions (or leave a group of 3 of us stand at the side playing with a corehound) I failed to get one. (High level hunter misdirecting onto me and a resto druid healing me. Worked a treat but someone ALWAYS came up thinking they would tank it, or that it would be helpful to stick their daggers in – despite repeated beggings and temper tantrums from me and the other hunter :p)

I wasn’t frustrated… honest.

Anyway, dropping that idea I opted to give a devilsaur a spin. Ive seen plenty about, and disliked the look of them, and the way they move.
After a quick browse through petopia with my wife (she started a hunter and I was giving a little tutorial and guide through familys, talent trees etc etc. ) I stumbled across a pretty nice looking White one. (Me and my white pets :/ ) I had not seen this devilsaur before, and decided I would set off to try and tame one (It didn’t appear to be a rare.).

After a lengthly fight I land in Un’goro and start my search.

And I searched…

And searched……

What is it with these damned things? You turn your back for one second and they bite your ass off, but when you are actually LOOKING for one… None in sight, not even King Mosh.

I decided I would just grab a random pet for protection whilst I continued my hunt (at level 63 I was not exactly overpowered for some of the mobs in the zone. Especially if Mosh set about me without my noticing, and me being petless....)

I mouse over my mini map at the tracked beasts. “Devilsaur” blips up.

YESS!!!! I figure if nothing else Ill get practice at taming one that I don’t want to keep, so I ride over to it, and lo and behold… a 60 ft tall Devilsaur is stomping off in the opposite direction – and it’s the skin I am after!

I ride ahead, I drop a trap in a clear spot and am about to concussive shot it for the pull when it aggroes on me. Oh crap! Fear Beast! But before it gets off hes in the trap – I bang Tame Beast and close my eyes…. Then I open them and about fall of the chair in hysterics.

60 Ft Ice cube anyone?


Go get one!


-V


Edit: Hmm, I appear to have lost about 50% of this post, I will probably add the rest into a fresh post later.


No comments:

Post a Comment